Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm starting to fall back into a workable routine around here. Dishes, laundry, baking, laundry, scrubbing, laundry... Want to keep me company while I'm dragging this household back into shape? Here's the easy swipe I did today: grab the washcloth from the bathroom, spritz with cleaner, swipe the floors with it. Don't worry about scrubbing Filth of the Ages, this is just a quick swipe. Swipe the floor to the edges, and then give the baseboard thingie a swipe to grab the lint and dust. Rinse your cloth, repeat the swipe across and around your sink. Dump the used cloth in the hamper, and set out a clean cloth in your shower/tub/area.

It took me maybe two minutes to do this while I got dressed. A second habit that I started to use last summer which has really helped is to spritz the inside of the toilet bowl every morning when I get up with cleaner. I hardly ever remember to scrub the toilet, but a quick spritz of my multipurpose cleaner is perfect to keep it looking nice and non-icky. If I do this everyday, I actually don't need to use the scrubber more than once a month on it to get any stray Ick out of there.

No comments: