Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Yesterday I renewed the costco membership for another year. It may seem as though it's a tad wasteful; I mean, how often do I succeed it getting over to the warehouse and when am I going to find the spare funds to go there monthly? Well, let's look at one of the things that we use and consider a "good" buy.

Baby wipes come in a big box, 740 wipes in 8 packages for a little over $15. That comes out to be about 2 cents per wipe. Luvs is a fraction of a cent higher, and Pampers is a whole cent more per wipe. Since we don't tend to buy the Luvs brand in any case, that's a cent cheaper than pampers. I like the popup style; the reach in style (I'm looking at you, Huggies) always gets stuck together and I can't separate them easily in the middle of the night when I'm asleep.

Also, chicken of the sea tuna is .66 a can. And gas is cheap. And both yeast and benadryl are cheap as dirt. Which is something I really approve of. Later today I will be preparing a new casserole based upon a classic tuna noodle that I found online. I'm going to prepare it a tiny bit differently, and I'll let you know how we find it.

No comments: