Saturday, January 12, 2008

Another pantry essential for me is flour. Lots of flour. I say this because I forgot, then I made bread yesterday and found to my horror that we're almost out of flour. Flour, and yeast from costco that is almost cheap enough to offset the entire membership cost for a year for this family, and which will keep safely in our fridge until we get ready to move again.

Then there's paper goods. All sorts of paper goods. And dish soap. And cases of canned vegetables.

I like to think that I've generally got two weeks worth of meals from these staples on hand most of the time, but this past year I've slowly whittled down that two week window to maybe two days worth. How did it happen? I had a complicated pregnancy and a lot of stress with the Toddler. I tell you, fairly soon I'm going to sit down again and start working my way through that pantry and get it back up to speed.

No comments: