Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Did you know that a snuggly toddler in the morning makes up for all the screaming of last night? It's true. This morning she greets me with a smile and a hug, running to the door and happily sitting in my lap to eat cheerios and drink her milk.

Excuse me, but what did you do with that other toddler? The one that indicated that her heart was breaking last night, that bedtime was the saddest thing to happen in your short life and an indignity from which you would never recover?

Chalk it up to a learning experience. Again. Or just one of those things. I don't care, the gray skies this morning don't faze me at all. The rain is icky and it makes my bones ache. There's a happy child playing in the other room right now, and she loves me, and that makes everything completely perfect in my world.

No comments: