Thursday, January 24, 2008

Alright, so I have yet to get my butt around to making that tuna casserole. I did make something else last night, however, that turned out way delicious and super-easy.

Smothered Salisbury-style Hamburgers.

Cook 4 hamburger patties -note, do not add salt or any other seasoning to this stage. Remove from pan and set aside. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup to the pan and stir around to loosen up all the brown crunchy bits left in the pan. Add to that a few shakes of minced onion, about half a Tbsp each of ketchup and mustard, and return the hamburger patties to the pan and simmer for a few minutes.

Serving suggestions:

I put it next to white rice and green beans. It was yummy. Because of the salt content in the soup, it was quite seasoned enough, and I can only think that adding anything extra by way of salt would send it over the edge with that flavor.

No comments: