Wednesday, November 14, 2007

One more time I'm fighting the fight of the disposable diaper vs cloth. One more time I'm wondering if this is the right solution for us? If ease is worth more than green, if the pennies are pinched to throw away dollars? I don't know. I'm still hashing this one out.

I think the only way to know for sure is to try it. We're going to try, to make the effort, to do what we can to make life a little better for all of us. If we go cloth, more money will be left. If I cannot breastfeed due to similar circumstances of last time, we'll have to buy formula- and the income limits will now price us out of WIC. Maybe not for the specialty stuff if we've got another SGA preemie, but is that something I want to hope for just to avoid the expense of formula? I'd rather tighten the belts a little further to buy it at the store. And just maybe we'll get a bouncing big boy, hm? One that does not need ICU care and time. One that sleeps through the night and changes his own nappies- hah! Delusional, much? And while I'm wandering through the land of make-believe, why not wish for a few golden nesteggs?

1 comment:

Ann crum said...

I mostly used cloth diapers on my babies. However, I did keep disposables in the diaper bags for when we went visiting or out to eat. I found that I didn't relish the idea of trying to rinse and package up a dirty cloth diaper while we were out.

My babies had fewer diaper rashes using cloth diapers, too.