Friday, November 9, 2007

Bedrest is cheap. Apart from the boredom, the need to get up just for a minute to do just one more thing that I can't do while laying on my side. So what to do? Dig out again all the serious reading books that I used while suffering my horrid insomnia in the first year of motherhood? Those are great- I could never quite sleep at night, but I could be improving my mind. Which helps, believe it or not. I've been steadily queuing up my library list.

The problem with my reading seems to be that I read too fast and absorb the book rather than "reading" it in the normal fashion. I can knock off a couple books a day if there are no distractions. This is the problem. Other women in this spot could get a stack of paperbacks next to the bed or couch and be set for a few days. A week. Me? An afternoon. With predictable results. I come to the door of the room all whiny that "There's nothing to read". While staring at 7 laden shelving units filled to overflowing with books that I've read cover to cover so many times that I might be able to still quote a few of them.

What are your thoughts about this? Looking for a few good recommendations.

No comments: