Wednesday, November 7, 2007

How do I define myself? What are my labels, my tags? Whyever on earth does this matter so much to me? Is it that I'm so insecure- or is it more that the normal validation that everyone needs must currently come from a far more limited source? A two year old, after all, does not provide much in the way of nuance in feedback.

Yet I push on. Thrift in juggling our resources. Repurposing. Squeezing those nickels and dimes- even finding ways to make real money blogging, which I'd still be doing just to let myself feel like a productive member of society. Those five dollars here and there for paid posts on Another Day in Paradise do help out here and there. It's my pin money. I can contribute to this family in ways other than the housewife gig.

But why is it so awfully important that I feel that the housewife thing isn't quite enough as a personal career?

No comments: