Sunday, November 25, 2007

Leftover Surprise was on the table for lunch today. I chopped up leftover turkey, tossed it with half a jar of leftover cheesy alfredo sauce, tossed that with a bag of frozen green beans and topped with half a cup of italian breadcrumbs spritzed with two tablespoons of melted butter. Real butter.

I may be watching carbs, but I have to have real butter in some things. This is one of them. It may have been solely a figment of my imagination, but I choose to believe that the real butter made it taste better.

Of course, the Toddler took one look at it and screamed for a poppysicle. Such is the fun of life around a two year old. Every time she goes to church she grazes off her plate, my mom's plate, and my plate to get the maximum treats she can scrounge up. The end result of this being, of course, that she is never really that hungry at lunchtime.

No comments: