Saturday, May 12, 2007

Simple Leftover Fryup

I've got a cup and a half of frozen mixed vegetables that are thawing. Maybe two cups of rice. A couple of porkchops. I'm going to cut the pork into strips and stirfry, then add the other stuff and fry some more. Then I'm going to smother it in alfredo sauce, since I feel like alfredo and don't have stirfry sauce in the house.

I've got a couple of rolls as well, and I could turn them into garlic toast while the rest of it is cooking. Sounds yummy. Added benefit? It's going to clean out my fridge.

Ooooh, just remembered I have two eggs left. Beat them and toss them into the fryup? Maybe. Anything goes tonight.


Shopping Alert: I am going to do my every-other month stockup at costco this week. When the list has been prepared, I'll share. This is the major pantry stockup; during which I purchase everything bulk that I like to have on hand all the time. The stockup is what enables me to go 6 weeks living paycheck to paycheck with hardly any slush in the budget for things like bread, soup, "extra" items.

No comments: