Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I noticed that every so often Grocery Outlet has some pretty sweet deals. It makes shopping there fun, and no so much like I'm trawling the bottom bargain basement deals... This week, for example, I scored 8oz bars of Land O Lakes cheddar for 79cents. That's what, half price? I also picked up some sausages yesterday that I'm making for tonight's dinner. Cross my fingers, I don't know what they'll turn out like since it's a type and brand I've never heard of, but it sounded yummy just from the label.

Garlic, basil, sundried tomato sausages. Hmm. The pack made 8 little 3"-4" segments, and it was 2.49. This won't break the bank. I fried and simmered them up on the stove a little while ago but haven't tasted it yet. From the smell alone I'd say we have a winner. Maybe I should try to eek out a few more pennies from my sugar bowl bank and grab another pack before they're all gone?

No comments: