Monday, April 30, 2007

tonight's dinner is taken from the weightwatcher's new 365 meal/menu cookbook. Apologies for not having it in front of me to crosscheck the actual name of the book; around here I call it my diet book. I took some liberties with the base recipe, roast beef braised in red wine. I started with the chopped onion, caramelized in some oil, then added my chopped carrots and some finely diced celery and garlic, then after that had gotten all nice and friendly in the pot I set in my meat and a mini bottle of wine. I didn't have a roast. I still have a freezer of individually flash frozen omaha steaks, and since the recipe is supposed to serve 8 I figured hey, what the hell... I've got 4 filet mignons and 4 strip steaks sitting in there.

Instead of simmering on the stove top for two+ hours, since the outside temp is going to rise significantly and I'm trying hard to keep this place cool so the AC doesn't kick on... I put the whole thing in the crockpot to finish out the slow long simmer. So we'll see how that works out, right?

No comments: