Monday, April 9, 2007

It seems that those plastic hair caps are even more useful than I told you... I used them yesterday to cover plates in the microwave, cover rising bread (didn't need to grease the bag and the dough didn't stick), and the one I decided to throw out is now doing coffee ground duty by the sink -invert grounds, dump, no drip trail across the kitchen to the trash can.

On today's list is coming up with uses for stained and ratty looking onesies. How many things can you use them for before having to throw them out? I've chopped off the top and bottom so that I now have a decent tubular rag. There will be minimal lint, so maybe I can use it for wiping down my silver before putting it away? I've started trying to enforce the lack of spots on my forks and spoons. I could also use it for wiping down a computer screen? Or in place of a paper towel wipe?

Does anyone have hints about what to do with the collection of empty milk gallons? They're not recyclable.

No comments: