Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sometimes it's easier than others to stretch a dollar. I've been wishing for another pair of sweatpants lately. Sure, I've already got two pairs. Except one pair is getting worn thin in places and the other pair has a hand-sized white patch on the butt from the Bleach Incident of 2004. (Did you know that if you shove a bottle of bleach into a backpack and it lands upside down the bleach can, sorta, leak? And that it makes a godawful mess of whatever was inside the backpack?) So the gray pair with the bleach stain can only be worn with a long shirt when I'm in public and even then I feel very self-conscious about it.

Today we stopped at our favorite thrift store on the way home. The place looks like a castle, complete with crenelated turret on the top. Once again they were having a major half price sale, and I got sucked in to browse a bit off the racks.

A pair of sweatpants caught my eye. While I don't have the funds or the emotional ability to commit a chunk of change to new sweatpants, I did have the money in my change purse for these. They are a nice shade of light periwinkle. Perfect for house wear, they will go with all but two of the shirts I own, and they are decent for street wear. I brought them home and am now happily preparing to wear them to bed tonight.

Got to love those finds.

No comments: