Monday, February 4, 2008

About a month ago I made some nifty wool socks for a friend of mine who's been having all sorts of foot troubles. It was great. The color was pretty, the wool was soft and warm, it gave me a great excuse to pick up a set of #8 double-points in wood. Which as I had hoped was really great. And she loved the socks as much/more than I did.

Last week I got a call that the socks had suffered an unfortunate accident. They met up with some hot water in a dark washing machine, and shrunk. Well, not just shrunk. Let's be truthful. These socks got boiled and felted.

Which means that they're now on my feet, since I've got small feet and she needed extra extra large to fit over swollen ankles and bulky toe bandaging. So nice. I mean, I'm sorry that they don't fit her, but now I've got a wonderfully warm pair of felted slipper socks that fit me perfectly and the bonus of getting to knit another pair in that pretty, pretty color on my wooden double-points.

No comments: