Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Something I find myself taking for granted is that Stay-At-Home-Moms have all the time in the world. We don't work, right? How can we not find the time for gourmet meals or spotless homes? An hour or so for one, same for the other. Day in and day out. If only it were that simple. It takes time to learn any job. How do we juggle dishes and diapers- one can wait and the other sometimes can't. More resources are out there than before to help us learn our ways around. FlyLady offered me hope for housework. Saving Dinner is going to help me put nutritious meals on the table every night- we're still in the honeymoon phase, but the optimism inspired by these sites gives me warm fuzzies.

More efficient use of my time, available these days only in small chunks of uninterrupted status, lets me spend more happy time with the kid. Time not spent feeling guilty over an unmade bed or a sink full of dishes. Perfection is not found on earth. Happiness is what you make of it.

No comments: