Monday, August 20, 2007

Baked Ham with Apples:

1 smallish ham (I opted for the smoked, fully cooked ham. No risk for possible undercooking in crockpot).
5 apples, cored, peeled, and sliced. I didn't bother making them all neat and pretty- they are cooking down in any case.
3 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
cinnamon to taste -try a handful of cinnamon candy hearts, if you have them. These are great to find on sale after valentine's day, and they keep. They also turn applesauce pink when cooked in!

Throw in crockpot. Cook on low. Eat.

Honestly, I don't think a recipe can get much easier than this. The hardest part was chopping apples. Especially since my apple corer/slicer broke shortly after we moved into this place. Not fun- the Toddler loves apples. Especially fresh apples. Tonight she'll be introduced to baked apples and ham. I suspect this will be another case of love at first bite.

No comments: