Friday, June 22, 2007

A good way to reduce the grocery budget as well as lose weight?

Morning sickness.
Also, afternoon sickness, evening sickness, and middle of the night "I can't think about food or I'll vomit" sickness.

Not particularly a fun way to do these things, but it does work. Now, how about remedies? My mom suggested a lollipop as the best way to help shake the aftereffects of this morning's bloodwork. I spent about an hour on this gigantic thing, and drank 3 bottles of water. Headache is receding, thoughts are returning to normal speed, body is willing to contemplate a major cooking event tonight as well as consumption of food.

I also need to pee.

So for tonight's dinner (or more likely tomorrows): Crab/Spinach Shells with Parmesan Cheese Sauce.

1 15oz tub ricotta
1 package or can spinach, drained and squeezed
1 package imitation crabmeat

mix well with a bag of pasta shells, cooked and drained.

Make a standard white sauce, while stirring add a bag of shredded parmesan cheese. Let the cheese get all nice and melty and pour it overtop the rest in a dutch oven. Bake covered at 350 for about an hour, or until things get bubbly and hot and cozy.

I modified this recipe from my Casseroles As Comfort Food cookbook (will provide full citation upon request, but I don't want to get off my butt this minute to look it up)

1 comment:

Ann said...

That sounds yummy delicious good. I hope your morning sickness subsides enough for you to enjoy it!